In high Speedcat winds on Saturday and a great Sunday, I:
- walked off and marked my spot
- tracked down a trailer (thanks UB and Paul-baby!)
- picked up a half dozen 16' 4x4s from the lumberyard
- sucked water out of the 3 foot hole I dug early Saturday
- and learned a few things from my wife (the natural) and my dad (the experienced) < - that's not sarcasm.
Next up, 5 more posts and then finalizing how I'm going to prep the soil. I'll also collect my soil sample. Dad is estimating a pH level of 6. I believe I need somewhere between 6.5 and 7 (but I'll have to confirm that).
My rhizomes ought to be in my possession by the first week of April or so. We'll likely wait till Mothers' Day-ish to plant to ensure we're past the last frost.